Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Bywater and Black Pearl

From Bywater, Black Pearl feels as if it's at the end of the world. Geographically New Orleans isn't that large but if you bicycle along the Mississippi River, it's not easy getting to one from the other. So other than having cool names, what do Bywater and Black Pearl have in common?


Dauphine and Piety, Bywater, New Orleans
oil on board, 12"x16"

Benjamin and Cherokee, Black Pearl, New Orleans
oil on board, 10"x8"

Those are the places where you get pooped on by little birds while painting.

I didn't take pictures of them. But in Bywater, I was spared while my palette was not so lucky.
In Black Pearl, my palette AND a left sleeve of my jacket fell victim to this capital offense.
It's been 7 years since I started painting on location, and it happened twice within a month of each other. If it is a sign of once-every-7-years good luck and/or rite of passage, I'll take it. Bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment